PART 1: Is The Former St. Kitts-Nevis Prime Minister’s Life In Danger?


Gunshots rang out in the small rural village of St. Paul’s on St. Kitts in the evening of October 23rd, 2018. When the smoke had cleared, one Wayne Connor had been shot and injured by gunmen on Lover’s Lane. According to sources, Connor was shot in the back and a hand. Reports also have emerged indicating that the gunmen stole cellphones from three young men while making their getaway.

The day before that, October 22nd, 2018, members of the Royal St. Christopher and Nevis Police Force as well as members of the Regional Security System (RSS) thoroughly searched the house and yard of St. Paul’s resident. Social media users were made privy to the actions of the police and RSS on the person’s property as a result of a video that was recorded and broadcast by the main tenant at the property. The RSS dug up the woman’s entire yard searching for who knows what. They found nothing.

This latest spate of criminal activity is taking place in the village where former Prime Minister Rt. Hon. Dr Denzil Douglas resides. Already, a number of vigilant citizens have sounded alarms in certain social circles indicating that after having carefully scrutinised the events immediately preceding this latest incident as well as similar scenarios from a few years prior, it is highly likely that the former Prime Minister’s overall well-being may be under threat.


The Obvious Facts

– In February 2017, the Prime Minister and Minister of National Security Dr Timothy Harris took the decision to have the St. Paul’s Police Station closed indefinitely because the station building was in need of an overhaul. Unlike in the case of the Old Road and Sandy Point Police Stations, both of which were relocated in order to facilitate repairs, the St. Paul’s Police Station was and still is described as “closed indefinitely.” No consideration was given to the fact that this police station served the areas of St. Paul’s, Heldon’s, and Kittitian Hill.


– On May 3rd 2018, 37-year old Sergeant Dwight Davis, who was the Sergeant in command at the Sandy Point Police Station, was found shot dead in Dieppe Bay. Although the police have since apprehended and charged a 17-year old juvenile for his death, the circumstances surrounding his untimely death continue to hold a steady level of suspicion.

– The night of Saturday 18th August 2018, 44-year old Sergeant Leon ‘Shabba’ Powell was shot and killed during what certain competent authorities now suspect to have been a cleverly staged robbery. Sergeant Powell was the Sergeant in charge of the St. Peter’s Police Station in Basseterre, a post he had been transferred to in recent times.

– On September 20th, 2018, Constable Lennox Hodge was arrested while on duty for driving the day prior, Independence Day, with an expired drivers license. Officer Hodge, who was at work in Nevis, was summoned back to St. Kitts where he was subsequently arrested and charged with the offence. He was then held in a cell overnight. He was still in uniform.

– Most recently, Senior Customs Officer and purported St. Kitts-Nevis Labour Party candidate hopeful Leon Natta was arrested and charged for failing to renew his firearm license. While faced with this charge, Mr Natta was written by both the Human Resources Department and the Public Service Commission. The letter from Human Resources informed him that due to him being charged with an offence, he was suspended from work with half pay. The Public Service Commission’s letter stated that charges of political canvassing were being laid against him.

(To be continued…)

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.